Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hyper-Bueno Rotation

Hey team, as reality hit today about moving across the country and starting a real job soon, I just wanted to say that I had a blast surviving the wild with all of you. The "epicity" was off the hook and a great way to end four long years of medical school. I'm excited to see where the future takes each of you in your careers, life, etc. (guess that means I better join facebook and have my wife teach me how to use it). As I reflect on the month it's apparent that we are a fortunate group of folks:
1. Learned some awesome medicine in nature's amphitheater
2. Made 20 great new friends (doubled Pat and Dave's census...ha ha)
3. Got credit towards becoming a DOCTOR for hiking, biking, backpacking, climbing, snowshoeing, navigating, jumping in rivers, etc.
4. Had a lot of great laughs and made some amazing memories
5. Didn't die falling off a snowy cliff during the final exam OR meeting a backcountry rattler OR picking up a fire salamander (which I was really tempted to do, leave-no-trace!)

Good times....I'm gonna go catch some dinner with a squirrel pole. I'll try and attach my slideshow to the blog. If anyone finds my pant legs or wants to hang out in Portland, ME gimme a holler (505) 270-5314. Peace out, Mike

No comments: